Saturday, June 26, 2010

Walking on a Dream

June 26th

LtoR: Adelia from Emory University, me, Dora from Wellesley College, Andrew from John Hopkins University
My last real day in Australia. Packing and cleaning and saying goodbye to all my Australian and American friends. I can't believe how quickly things went by! It was a great experience.

LtoR: Veronica and Kalia, both from Smith College
I snorkeled the Great Barrier Reef, saw the Opera House dozens of times, bungy jumped, witnessed historical events such as Jessica Watson's arrival after sailing around the world and Julia Gillard the first female prime minister of Australia, I've been into the Australian rain forest, I've learned how it is to live in a foreign country, I've used slang such as keen and dodgy, I took my first class with hundreds of students in it, I've seen how a different grading system works, explored the oldest discovered open caves in the entire world, taken a pilgrimage to one of the largest Buddhist temples in the world, explored countless museums and zoos, witnessed kangaroo in the wild as well as eaten them (not at the same time), stared at the southern night sky, visited beautiful Canberra the capital of Australia, journeyed across the harbour bridge, all with the company of good friends.
LtoR: Andrew , Amanda from Penn State (top), Krissy from George Washington University
Tomorrow I fly to LA and visit family for a few days and then I make the final journey through the night sky to Boston.....

LtoR: Angelica, Alex from Canberra Australia, Madoc from north of Sydney

Most of the rest of the gang with Laura smack in the middle

I will miss you all but will always have the ever present comfort knowing that
I AM A PART OF ALL THAT I HAVE MET


Jono



No comments:

Post a Comment