Friday, March 5, 2010

Alice in IMAX

March 5th

Public transported my way to the largest IMAX in the world, situated right on Darling Harbour. It cost 27 dollars, the most I've ever paid just to see a film.

Upon entering the theatre my face numbed in shock at seeing the screen. The screen is literally 8 stories high and at least 100 feet across. One cannot look at the entire screen without moving their head side to side.

Alice in Wonderland itself was far from a master of cinematography, but it was visually stunning. This screen certainly helped immerse me in the movie. With a screen this large and a 3d movie, it felt like I might actually be in Wonderland (and not the Boston blue line stop either). For the first time, my peripheral vision could not pick up the sides of the theatre. Usually one is subconsciously privy to speakers or walls. With a screen this large there was nothing but film.

Zach and I went to a travel agency earlier today to look into going to Cairns for our April break. Before we even realised it, we had a returning flight to Cairns. Cairns is a very northern city in a rain forest climate. It is quite the opposite of America here, getting warmer the more north you go. It still hasn't registered that I am actually going to where the rain forest meets the ocean, as well as to the great barrier reef.


Keep it level!


Jono De Costa

No comments:

Post a Comment