Monday, March 22, 2010

Could-gee

March 20th
Tashya, Yvanka, and Zach walk towards Coogee
It was a nice 80 degrees or so out today, so I decided to go to Coogee beach with Zach, Yvanka, Yvanka's boyfriend, and Tashya.

Coogee
The bus ride from Darlington suburb (next suburb over from Newtown where I live) was actually not that bad. I think it is the closest beach to us. Coogee is a less crowded version of Bondi. It has a dense suburb in the background just like Bondi. The main difference was the waves were much calmer, because it is situated in a bay.

Manly is still by far my favourite beach, because it is much less crowded and has a nice storefront area near the beach. The ferry ride was also very epic, going by the Opera House, Harbour bridge, and into the bay.

One more week of classes then I go to Jervis Bay for a weekend on the beach as a part of my study abroad program. Jervis Bay is about two and a half hours from where I live, between Canberra and Sydney. We are going surfing, and listening to nighttime tales from the Dharug people. The Dharug are one of the hundreds of aboriginal groups with their own unique culture and language.


Keep it level!


Jono De Costa

P.S. Since I am putting this up Tuesday (Sydney time), I have already finished and turned in my sociology paper, and I ended up winning my English debate. So things went well on my first day of due dates.

No comments:

Post a Comment